Mother’s day wreath card.
Posted by CamilaB, 12 Mar, 2018
Metal adhesive sheets look gorgeous when punched with Cut & Emboss punches. Acetate window how-to instructions.
• Grab an 8 x 8’’ card blank to use as a base. Trim a piece o texturized white cardstock a little smaller than the card front. Using craft tape, fix the cardstock panel with the card base together. Place the biggest circle from the nesting dies in centre. Fix in place with craft tape.
• With the card blank open, run through your Xcut machine. Now you should have two pieces with a window. Cut a piece of acetate a little bigger than the window. Attach this acetate to the front using 3d Double Squares.
• Stamp the sentiment “To a wonderful” onto a piece of white cardstock. Fix it on the top left-hand side onto the texturized panel, with a help of the Anywhere Stapler. Adhere the panel with 3d Double Squares on top of acetate. Make sure both windows are aligned. Set this a side.
• In order to make the big flowers, first punch four button hearts from adhesive metal effect sheets. Grab a piece of white cardstock and fix the hearts removing the backing, place one heart next to each other until the four petal flower is completed. Cut around the flower. Punch a gold metal circle and using 3d transparent dots fix to the middle. Repeat with every colour available in the pink set.
• Punch an additional of five small flowers from each colour in the set. Trim a 1cm stripe from yellow paper, fold in half lengthwise and cut tiny slits from the folded edge throughout the middle, this will make the fringe that goes inside the flower. Roll it up, until it is big enough to fit inside the hole. Glue the flower crown with a drop of PVA glue at the back.
• To create the leaves, fold a 2cm green cardstock stripe lengthwise and freehand cut, this way both sides will have the same size and the middle score will give dimension to it. You can vary the sizes of leaves to give interest.
• Assemble the wreath around the window using 3d transparent dots. Dies cut the word MUM from Gold Adhesives Sheets and Vintage Alphabet letters and fix it to the acetate window.