How to make a valentine's card
Posted by TheDocraftsTeam, 09 Feb, 2018
Tell someone you love them in the best way we know how… with a beautifully hand-crafted card! This sweet little make uses Moroccan-style patterns mixed with gorgeous coloured vellum for a card that is simple to put together but visually stunning.
1. Trim patterned paper from the Papermania Capsule Moroccan Haze A4 Ultimate Die-cut & Paper Pack to a 13.5cm square and attach to the front of a square card blank. Trim vellum from the pack to 12cm square and fix on top of the paper.
2. Attach a rectangular topper from the ultimate pack towards the top of the card.
3. Fix a sheet of pink Xcut Xtras' A5 Adhesive Vellum Sheets Coloured to white cardstock.
4. Die cut a heart in the vellum using the Xcut Heart Frames Die set. Glue to a piece of contrasting paper and cut out leaving a small border, then attach to the topper with Stick it! 3D Foam Squares.
5. Use two large circles from the Xcut Nesting Dies Circle set to cut a banner from the pink adhesive vellum. Pop alphabet stickers from the ultimate pack on top and trim to fit. Fold each side back, cut into pennants, then attach to the card under the heart.
6. Die cut two hearts using contrasting papers from the ultimate pack, fixing in the centre of the main die-cut heart.
Project and how-to instructions by Sarah Jackman Read.