Posted by TheDocraftsTeam, 20 Jun, 2017
These trendy flamingos are perfect for summer! Add onto straws to make your picnic extra fancy or simply stick onto cards and scrapbooks.
1. Cut 15 identical strips of red striped Papier Patch deco sheets measuring 3.5 x 9cm. Make sure the end stripes are the same colour.
2. Starting at one end, run a very thin line of Anita's Tacky Glue along the top edge of every red stripe. Place the next paper strip on top.
3. Repeat the glue lines, this time at the top edge of the paler stripe. Complete these two steps with all paper strips, alternating the glue.
4. Once dry, draw around a 5p piece and cut out two circles for each ﬂamingo. Fold each circle in half across the stripes.
5. Gently tease open the honeycomb on each circle. Glue the two halves of the folded circle together with glue lines across the top edge of the red stripe. Die cut two ﬂamingos and glue a honeycomb ball to each body.
6. Join the two ﬂamingos at the head, neck, shoulder and leg. Insert the straw and glue the tails together. Fill in beaks and eyes to ﬁnish.
Project and how-to instructions by Mags Woodcock. Project originally published in the December issue (77) of docrafts Creativity magazine.