Grey glitzy card
Posted by SarahJRead, 07 Dec, 2017
Make a monochrome masterpiece with shiny sentiments and sparkly splatters. It’s a doddle to do and will take you no time at all! All you need are some crafty essentials from Create Christmas and some star gems to wish upon...
1. Trim a dark grey sheet of cardstock from the solid premium 8 x 8" pack to a little smaller than 8 x 8" and position on a covered surface. Mix a small amount of Blanc Artiste Acrylic Paint with a little water, and pick some up with a medium- sized paintbrush. Gently flick splatters across the cardstock square, concentrating towards the top. Mix Metallic Silver Artiste Acrylic Paint with more water. Pick some up with the brush and add more splatters towards the top, over the white ones. Once dry, attach to the front of an 8 x 8" white card blank, with the fold at the side.
2. Punch approximately 20 small stars from silver mirror board, using the Xcut Traditional Star Small Palm Punch. Cut three lengths of invisible thread; one to 20cm and the other two to 15cm. Add small dots of Anita’s Tacky Glue to the back of the stars and fix to the invisible thread, leaving a gap at either end of the strands and in between some of the stars. Attach Create Christmas Silver Star Gems in between the punched stars, with Anita’s Tacky Glue, and leave to dry for a while.
3. Take a lighter grey sheet of cardstock and trim to the same size as the grey panel on the card front. Mark out a 2.5cm border all the way around the edge, doing so lightly with a pencil and a ruler. Trim the 20cm square aperture in the centre with a craft knife and a metal ruler.
4. Hang the three garlands across the top of the square aperture, as shown, and glue in place on the reverse side. Run 3D foam tape around the border and adhere the frame in place on the card front. Stick ‘Wish’ from the pack of Create Christmas Silver Foiled Words underneath the star garlands with Anita’s Tacky Glue, positioning the adhesive behind the solid foiled areas.
5. Die cut the rest of the sentiment from the spare grey cardstock, using the Xcut Script Alphabet Lower Case Large Dies. Take one letter at a time and stamp with a clear emboss ink pad. Sprinkle over silver embossing powder, shake off the excess and melt with a pink heat tool. Continue embossing the rest of the letters and arrange in a slight curve. Add a star gem underneath the sentiment to finish.
Project and how-to instructions by Sarah Jackman Read. Project originally published in issue 84 of docrafts Creativity magazine.