Gingerbread Man Card Tutorial
Posted by TheDocraftsTeam, 27 Nov, 2015
This lovely little gingerbread man card looks almost good enough to eat, with his icing cuffs and sweetie buttons! This tutorial was originally published in docrafts Creativity Magazine Issue 62. Card and tutorial by Kim Traynor.
1. Stamp the gingerbread man on a plain white cardstock panel and colour the image with a combination of Artiste dual-tip watercolour or marker pens and dye inks.
2. Scribble the pens on an acrylic block then apply with a damp paint brush to achieve an even finish.
3. Add a row of faux stitching and then mat the coloured image on kraftstax.
4. Mat tartan paper on kraftstax, gingerbread paper and then a 4 x 4" card blank to co-ordinate the look of the layers.
5. Stick the gingerbread man on top with 3D foam squares, sandwiching a piece of hessian and a length of ribbon down the side.
6. Twist together the wire stems of red and white petal posies and a couple of red berries then finish with a bit of bling in the form of star charms and adhesive gems.
TIP: Don’t waste the wire stems: wind them around the end of a paint brush to create a coil and add amongst the floral arrangement.