Fold-up scrapbook layout
Posted by TheDocraftsTeam, 17 Nov, 2017
Hold onto those memories of gorgeous landscapes and one-of-a-kind experiences with a truly unique design. It’s so easy to transfer those picture-perfect mental snapshots into a crafted collage of papers and textures. Better yet, double your design as an envelope and share with all of your loved ones who weren’t lucky enough to be there too!
1. Select a 12 x 12'' sheet of light Santoro watercoloured paper to be your background. Trim to measure 28.5cm and rotate so it’s positioned in a diamond shape on your cutting mat. Score an 8 x 8'' square directly in the centre, sectioning off the four corners. Fold each corner inwards and crease with a paper creaser. Take a white sheet of 12 x 12'' cardstock and score another 8 x 8'' square directly in the middle, once again rotating the sheet before you do so. Snip small triangles into the sides to meet each scored corner and sharpen the folds with a paper creaser.
2. Open up the blue watercolour piece and position in a diamond shape. Snip two strips of stripy paper; we cut one from Santoro and the other from Paws for Thought papers, as there are several coloured stripes to pick from each collection. Tear a yellow sheet of watercolour paper in a rough mountain shape, and a blue one in a curve. Layer all these pieces together towards the bottom of the 8 x 8'' square and stick in place.
3. Die cut a yellow watercolour circle with a medium nesting die and adhere above your layered mats, overlapping the right-hand fold. Print out two main photos – one slightly larger than the other. Mount each on a square of white cardstock and stick in place.
4. Die cut four black swallows; three using the tiny die in the Xcut Grandma Mini Sentiment Die and one using the bird dinky die. Fix three to the upper left-hand side and one across the yellow circle die-cut. Add some journaling and decorate the rest of the page with palm-punched circles, die-cut snowflakes and vellum clouds. Curve the corners of both pieces with an Xcut Corner Punch.
5. Glue the decorated page to the white cardstock and ip the panel over. Trim four strips of yellow striped paper, snipping diagonally so that the stripes are at an angle. Cut the ends diagonally and stick just on the inside of the 8 x 8'' scored square. Die cut 'Wish you were here’ from black cardstock, using the folk alphabet set. Fix down the left-hand side of the square, using a Sailor 2 In 1 Glue Pen.
6. Adhere an air mail die-cut in the top right-hand corner and die cut three blue mini snowflakes, using the weather icons mini dies. Stick in place. Fold up the envelope and tie in place with a long length of Santoro twine.
Project and how-to instructions by Lorna Slessor. Project originally posted in issue 82 of docrafts Creativity magazine.