DIY Dad Card Tutorials | Papermania Mr Mister
Posted by KatieSkilton, 17 Aug, 2015
With its male-inspired images and beautiful attention to detail, the Xcut Icons A5 Die Set is a perfect partner to Papermania’s Mr Mister collection. Make the most out of your dies and make a whole set of cards to give as a gift to friends or family that they in turn can send to their loved ones. Here are two tutorials to get you started. Project originally featured in docrafts Creativity Magazine Issue 59.
1. Trim a tent fold card blank to 12 x 13.5cm and cover with green Neon cardstock.
2. Emboss an 11 x 12.5cm panel of silver mirror board with a wicker embossing folder. Lightly sand to give an aged look and mat on grey cardstock. Ink a strip of corrugated card, distress the edges and adhere in place.
3. Die cut a trim borders tape measure from white cardstock, sponge with orange Neon pigment ink and back with black cardstock. Die cut a selection of tools from cardstock and silver mirror board and paper piece the tool bodies and handles. Adhere to the panel with 3D foam squares. Add a tag and mat the panel on the card front.
'You’re Just Amazing' Card
1. Trim a tent fold card blank to 12 x 13.5cm. Cut a 12 x 13.5cm panel of kraftstax, emboss with a woodgrain embossing folder and ink the edges.
2. Emboss two 1O x 4.5cm panels of silver mirror board with the wicker folder and lightly sand. Mat on orange Neon cardstock and glue to the kraftstax panel. Emboss an 8 x 8cm kraftstax square with the woodgrain folder, ink and adhere over the two silver panels. Adhere the panel to the card front.
3. Die cut and assemble a set of tools as for the 'Dad' card, adhere to the panel and add the sentiment.