'World's greatest Dad' card
Craft this edgy card for Dad this Father’s Day. By combining copper and moustaches you will have the trendiest card around!
1. Trim a black piece of cardstock to 5⅞ x 41/8'' and fix onto an A5 white card blank. Round the corners using an Xcut 2 In 1 Corner Punch.
2. Take a piece of white cardstock and cut to 3⅞ x 4⅝'', round the corners. Mark a ¼'' border around the edge and four horizontal lines ¾'' apart starting from the top. Draw a vertical line down the middle, and pop two lines either side at ¾''.
3. Cut a moustache from the Xcut Mini Dad Sentiment Die where each pencil line intersects, and alternate the moustaches between each line. Partially die cut a moustache when the die intersects the 1/4'' border by placing the die only halfway between two cutting plates. Where there is no cutting plate, the die will not cut. Use a craft knife and ruler to trim partially die cut moustaches where they intersect the border.
4. Stamp the words ‘World’s Greatest’ and a decorative dotted line in clear ink with Papermania’s Mr Mister A5 Clear Stamps. Cover with Papermania Copper Embossing Powder and heat set.
5. Die cut two ‘Dad’ sentiments from the sentiment die, one from white cardstock and the other from black cardstock. Apply copper embossing powder to the white piece and set with a heat tool. Fix the copper ‘Dad’ on top of the black, so you can slightly see a black outline. Adhere to the card.
6. Mount your decorated white panel onto the black with Stick it! 3D Foam Squares.
Project, photography and how-to instructions by Project Design Team member Verity Biddlecombe.