Tasselled scrapbook layout
Snip and punch your way to a bright and heartfelt scrapbook layout, and store your much-loved summer memory so that it won’t be forgotten. Fun, fringed paper adds movement, while the Xcut ice cream die will make you hungry for a snack just by looking at it!
1. Sketch and fussy cut a large heart to fit the centre of a 12 x 12'' piece of white cardstock. Use the heart as a template to cut out green, pink, blue and yellow-striped heart shapes from the Papermania Capsule Elements Pigment 12 x 12'' Paper Pack. Leave the blue heart as it is, then trim off the bottoms of the yellow-striped, pink and green hearts, to create a tiered look.
2. Once happy with the layers, carefully snip upwards to create the fringing effect and fix in place onto your heart template. Position the fringed heart in the centre of your page and attach with Stick it! Double Sided Tape.
3. Rip thin strips of yellow from the yellow-striped paper in the pigment paper pack, and adhere to the top and bottom of your layout.
4. Using a Sailor 2 in 1 Glue Pen, cover the 'memories' sentiment from the Papermania Bare Basics Wooden Sentiment Friends, Laugh, Memories pack and dip in silver glitter. Do the same for the heart and word 'Friends' on the selfie frame from Papermania Bare Basics Selfie Frames Friendship pack. Leave to dry.
5. Pop a favourite summer photo behind the selfie frame and fix onto the squared decoupage piece from the Papermania Capsule Elements Pigment A4 Ultimate Die-cut & Paper Pack. Place on the right-hand side of the heart and add a decoupage sentiment from the ultimate pack underneath. Fix the glittered wooden 'memories' sentiment above with Anita’s Tacky Glue.
6. Die cut the Xcut Mini Die Ice Cream Cone in co-ordinating cardstock and adhere to the top–left of the heart. Punch an assortment of Xcut Xtras' A5 Adhesive Cork, Papermania Kraftstax, pink and blue cardstock hearts and circles with an Xcut circle palm punch and Xcut heart palm punch. Grab decoupage circles from the ultimate pack and place accordingly around the heart. Die cut the lemon from the Xcut Mini Die Mini Fruits, and pop onto one of the orange decoupage pieces, then fix in place.
7. Complete the layout by fixing two arrows from the Papermania Bare Basics Wooden Shapes Travelling pack either side of the heart, pointing inwards.
Project and how-to instructions by Amy Nichols.