Surprise shadow box
Create this super-cute and thoughtful shadow box for Christmas - it’s the perfect present to show you care. Not only will the recipient get an array of surprise presents, but also an adorable piece of home décor they can use for years to come.
1. Paint a Papermania Bare Basics Shadow Box with Artiste Acrylic Paint Blanc. Using the Papermania Love Santa A4 Glitter Paper Pack, cut the blue to fit inside the recess of the boxes and adhere with Anita’s Tacky Glue.
2. Take the Gingerbread House and Gingerbread Man decoupage from the Papermania Love Santa Ultimate Die-cut & Paper Pack, and trim them to fit the smaller square boxes. Layer with silicone glue and use a folded strip of Papermania 12 x 12" Acetate Plain to attach the assembled decoupage to the box.
3. Find the deer print paper from the ultimate pack and fussy cut the design, fix onto a circle of acetate, and add pompoms onto the wreath.
4. Pop some tacky glue on the bottom of a few the compartments and cover with Create Christmas Faux Snow.
5. Create the tree by lightly brushing the edges of a Create Christmas White Pine Cone with white paint, whilst wet dip into glitter. Wrap the Papermania Love Santa Christmas Lights Trim around the pine cone, securing each bulb with hot glue. Top with Create Christmas Star Gems Gold. Wind a length of Papermania Bare Basics Craft Wire around a cocktail stick and attach with hot glue. Cover the base of the compartment with hot glue, press the tree into position and sprinkle with snow.
6. Trim the pink glittered paper to fit the remaining boxes, leaving a narrow white border. Paint the numbers ‘25’ from the Papermania Bare Basics Wooden Numbers, letters ‘Joy’ from the Papermania Bare Basics Wooden Alphabet, and a snowflake from the Create Christmas Wooden Shapes Snowflakes in white paint, then dip in glitter.
7. Arrange the boxes back into the base box, and finish by adding Papermania Love Santa Adhesive Stones, christmas Lights, pompoms and ribbon.
Project, photography and how-to instructions by Project Design Team member Claire Boelema.