Santoro's Willow nautical notelet
Intertwine your Santoro’s Willow girl into a mesmerising nautical scene. The interweaving flowing lines and watercolours work perfectly with Bare Basics wooden shapes from the ocean.
1. Cover an Anita’s A5 Quality White Card blank with pale green patterned paper from the Santoro’s Willow Colour Me In 12 x 12'' Paper Pack. Trim orange diamond paper from the pack to 14.5 x 20.5cm and mat on top. Cut a pale green paper to 13.5 x 19.5cm, distress the edges with a craft knife and create a small tear towards the top-right and bottom-left corners and fix.
2. Cut a 9.5cm square of nautical paper from the paper pack and layer onto orange diamond paper. Attach to the centre of the card. Trim a strip of nautical paper to 2.5 x 21cm and place horizontally across the front. Add a very thin strip of pale green paper across the strip of nautical paper.
3. Grab four shells, four starfish and a fish from the Papermania Bare Basics Nautical Mixed Wooden Shapes Pack and paint in Artiste Blanc and Sea Spray Acrylic Paint. Once dry, cover in Anita’s Tacky Glue and apply Santoro’s Willow Colour Me In Glitter to each wooden shape.
4. Colour in the decoupage pieces from the Santoro’s Willow Colour Me In Mini Decoupage Pad with Santoro’s Willow Colour Me In Pens. Scribble complementary colours onto a Papermania 6.5 x 6.5'' Clear Stamp Block, spritz with water then pick up with a paintbrush. Assemble the decoupage with Stick It! 3D Foam Squares and adhere to the front.
5. Fix a sentiment from the Papermania All Occasion Glittered Sentiments Pack in the bottom-right corner with foam squares, pop a decorated wooden starfish on top.
6. Tuck decorated wooden embellishments under the tears and arrange the other pieces across the strip running through the centre of the card.
1. Cut a piece of pale green patterned paper from the paper pack slightly smaller than the coordinating envelope. Trim orange diamond paper to 21 x 14.5cm and mat on top.
2. Fix one 22.5 x 2.5cm strip of nautical paper along the bottom and another 3 x 13.5cm strip down the right-hand side of the envelope.
3. Fussy cut fish from the nautical paper in the paper pack and adhere onto the front along with a girl and a starfish.
Project and how-to instructions by Sarah Jackman Read.