Palm punched scrapbook layout
Treasure those special memories from far, far away with a special scrapbook layout that will enrich and add life into your photos.
1. Die cut three circles in white cardstock using the Xcut Circle Nesting Dies, a large circle measuring 10.5cm, a medium circle measuring 8.5cm, and a small circle measuring 4.5cm. Temporarily place onto your 12 x 12'' layout with Blue Tack.
2. Palm punch a good selection of small, medium and large circles in papers from the Papermania Eastern Opulence 12 x 12'' Paper Pad using the Xcut Palm Punches. Refrain from using purple as it will be the accent colour for the page.
3. Fold each punched circle back on itself, slightly off centre so you’re left with just over half. Place the large punched circles around the large circle, medium punched circles around the medium circle and small punched circles around the small circle, tack the smaller half with a Stick it! Glue Stick. You want to go round each circle three times.
4. Begin to stitch the circles onto the page. Stitch some of the punched circles underneath the fold and some over the top to create texture. Once secure, remove the white die-cut circles you placed onto the layout with blue tack and replace with die-cut circles cut from the purple paper in the paper pad. Fix with Stick it! 3D Foam Dots.
6. Paint the 'Discover' sentiment from the Papermania Bare Basics Wooden Sentiments Adventure, Discover, Life pack in Artiste Amethyst Acrylic Paint and a couple of the icons from the Papermania Bare Basics Wooden Shapes Travelling Pack in Artiste Blanc Acrylic Paint. Pop onto the page with Anita’s Tacky Glue. Hand-letter the sentiment 'A faraway place' under 'Discover' using a dark turquois Artiste Permanent Dual-Tip Pen.
7. To finish, die cut three photos using the nesting die slightly smaller than each purple circle and fix on top.
Project and how-to instructions by Sue Smith.