Take your shaker cards to the next level by creating multiple windows with the Xcut Hexagon Nesting Dies. It’s fun, modern look make it a design that is simply perfect for all occasions.
1. Trim a white card blank to 5¾ x 8¼’’ and cover with a paper from the Papermania Modern Lustre A4 Die-cut & Paper Pack.
2. Stamp the Papermania Modern Lustre 4 x 4’’ Let’s Celebrate Clear Stamp onto a piece of white card with gold pigment ink and die cut with a corresponding hexagon die. Die cut another hexagon slightly bigger with a gold Xcut Xtras’ A5 Adhesive Metal Sheet and vellum from the ultimate pack. Adhere the vellum hexagon at an offset angle onto the gold hexagon and pop the stamped hexagon on top.
3. Trim two pieces of white cardstock to 5¼ x 7¾’’. Take one piece and temporarily position the stamped hexagon alongside four hexagon nesting dies. The Xcut Mini Die Nesting Hexagons have also been used here. Fix the dies with a low tack craft tape, remove the stamped hexagon and run through your Xcut Xpress Machine. Attach a piece of Papermania’s Acetate to the back of the die-cut cardstock with double sided tape.
4. Place doubled up strips of Stick it! 3D Foam Tape around each die-cut hexagon, as close to the window as possible. Fill with Craft Planet Gold & Silver Glitter Stars and stars punched from Xcut Xtras’ A5 Thin Metal Sheets and Xcut Palm Punches. Pop your other piece of white cardstock over the top, flip and stick to the base of your card.
5. Fix the layered stamped hexagon into place.
Project and how-to instructions by Verity Biddlecombe.