Mermaid wishes card
Who isn’t obsessed with mermaids right now? This gorgeous underwater scene sings fresh, summer vibes. Plus, it can be used for all occasions.
1. To create an underwater background, ink a piece of Papermania 12 x 12'' Plain Acetate with various shades of blue and green from the Papermania Mini Ink Pads Dye Based Assorted Colours, then sprinkle with water. Lay a 13 x 13cm piece of white cardstock onto the ink and swoosh it around until it is covered.
2. Once dry, stamp the sentiment 'Mermaid kisses and starfish wishes…' using the Creativity Essentials Script Alphabet A5 Clear Stamp Set.
3. Create a rock in the bottom left-hand side of the card by gently dabbing black ink with a small sponge then adding a few dabs of white ink on one side.
4. Trim a 13 x 13cm panel of Craft Planet White Funky Foam sheet, fix the cardstock panel on top, then place onto a 13.5 x 13.5cm white card blank.
5. Die cut the Xcut Mermaid Mini Die three times in light pink and brown cardstock and metallic green from the Xcut Xtras' A5 Adhesive Metal Effect Sheets Naturals pack. Fussy cut the hair and tail, then adhere them to the pink die-cut and fix the mermaid to the rock.
6. Use orange textured cardstock to die cut starfish from the mini die and pop onto the front of the card with a sprinkling of Craft Planet Sequin Mix Assorted Colours.
Project and how-to instructions by Jackie Jasper.