Festive fashion illustrations
Get playful this Christmas and have some fun designing your very own outfits with Xcut dinky dies on modern fashion illustrations drawn and shaded with the Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen Hand Lettering Starter Set.
Gold ornate star
1. With a pencil, draw your girl front on. Die cut the Xcut Ornate Star Dinky Die in yellow cardstock, fix to a lighter yellow cardstock and fussy cut. With a pencil begin to incorporate the die-cut into the clothing design.
2. Once happy with the drawing, go over the figure with the thinnest pen from the hand lettering set. Make the lines sketchy, going over areas various times. Use the thicker pens to add definition.
3. Build your clothing design with gold embellishments such as Anita’s Gemstone Wheel Gold & silver and fussy cut parts of the clothing using Xcut Xtras' A5 Thin Metal Sheets. Layer the elements with Stick it! 3D Mini Foam Dots.
4. Add shading to the drawing with the light grey pen from the set and by running a slightly damp paintbrush along the pen lines.
1. Sketch the girl at a side angle with a pencil for a variation of stances. Once happy, go over the drawing with pens from the hand-lettering set. Fill her mid-section, with the light grey pen and a little brushed water.
2. Die-cut the Xcut Snowflake Dinky Die five times with glittered paper from the Papermania Enchanted Meadow 6 x 6'' Paper Pad. Arrange the snowflakes onto the girl to build a dress, then pop a blue gem from the Papermania Moroccan Blue Gem Bottles in the centre of each.
Sprig of holly
1. Draw the girl with her body facing forwards and head turned slightly with a pencil. Consider your clothing design, then go over with pen, shading with the grey pen and water as you go.
2. Fill the clothing with a couple of coats of the red Glitz it 3D Glitter Glue Pen.
3. Run the leaves of the Xcut Sprig of Holly Dinky Die through the die-cutting machine with a light green and bright green coloured cardstock, then fix the bright green piece on top of the light green piece slightly off. Die-cut the berries in red cardstock and pop three pink gems from the Papermania Moroccan Haze Gem Bottles in the centre of each berry. Adhere the die-cuts to the design with foam dots.
Project and how-to instructions by Amy Nichols.