Die-cut doughnut card
Treat yourself to this scrumptious little number! Combine delightful die-cut doughnuts with bright and colourful papers from Papermania's Capsule Elements Pigment to create a mouth-watering notelet.
1. Fold a white A4 piece of cardstock in half to form your card blank. Cut a piece of Capsule Elements Pigment paper and a sheet of acetate to the same size as the card front. Measure 2cm in from the sides of your Pigment paper and cut out the middle with a craft knife. Mount onto the acetate to form the lid of the box.
2. Use the Xcut Circle Nesting Dies to die cut six 6.5cm circles in Papermania Kraftstax to form the doughnuts, running two through the Xpress machine at once to make the holes.
3. To create the icing, die cut six 5.5cm and 4cm scalloped circles with the Xcut Scalloped Circle Nesting Dies. Use the Core’dinations 12 x 12'' Opulent Opal Glitter Card and a complementary coloured piece of cardstock from the Papermania colossal cardstock pack.
4. Layer up your six individual doughnuts, wait for them to dry and die cut a 2cm circle in the centre using the circle nesting dies. Decorate the top of each with Glitz it Iridescent Glitter Glue.
5. Fix your doughnuts to the front of your folded card blank in two rows of three. Remember to leave enough room for the edge of the lid, which can be attached using Stick it! 3D Foam Tape.
Project and how-to instructions by Anne Sanders. Project originally published in the September issue (86) of docrafts Creativity magazine.