Decoupaged birdhouse notelet
Place your pretty birdies onto a delightful meadow to wish your loved ones’ happiness. Suitable for all occasions, this quick-to-make notelet is bright, cheery and will put a smile on anyone’s face.
1. Mat light grey, yellow and white cardstock onto a white A5 card blank ensuring there is a 0.3cm border in between each layer.
2. Cut a rectangle in grey cardstock measuring 10 x 16cm, a yellow rectangle at 9.7 x 15.7cm and white rectangle at 9.4 x 15.4cm. Round off one side of each rectangle by running it through your die cutting machine with an Xcut Circle Nesting Die. Alternatively use a compass and scissors.
3. Lightly brown the bottom 3cm of your arched rectangle with brown ink.
4. With a scrap piece of paper, cut out a cloud shape, use as a mask to create a sky effect by dabbing pale blue ink over the top. Flip the cloud occasionally to get a variation prints. Work downwards until you meet the brown ink.
5. Once dry, create a meadow scene with the Creativity Essentials A5 Meadow Clear Stamp Set. Start with the short grass stamp and pale green ink. Next stamp large, tall grass firstly in metallic gold ink and then slightly offset with chocolate brown ink.
6. Trim a piece of grey cardstock to measure 5 x 8cm and stamp short grass with green and brown ink. Score lengthwise at 1cm intervals and bend to form the post. Fix Anita’s Foiled Decoupage Move In together with Stick it! 3D Foam Dots and attach to the top of the post.
7. Fussy cut and pop a bird from the decoupage sheet onto a 5mm strip of acetate. Fix onto the back of the grey arched rectangle and attach to the card. Mat the yellow on top, followed by your inked arched rectangle.
8. Stamp your chosen sentiment onto white cardstock with brown ink, colour in with a small paintbrush and adhere to the post.
Project and how-to instructions by Julie Hole.