Circus tent card
Produce your own fun-loving mini circus from core cardstock. Download the template from docrafts.com and you’ll be on your way!
1. Select three colours and transfer the tent from the template onto cardstock, the base will be one colour, the stripes another and the tent flap another. Mixing smooth and textured cardstock will add dimension and interest.
2. Fix the stripes on the inside and the outside of the tent with Anita’s Tacky Glue and the flaps on the front with Stick it! 3D Mini Foam Dots.
3. Punch various circles with the Xcut Medium Circle Palm Punch, chop in half and build a banner across the front of the card, just above the flaps using foam dots.
4. Trim two circle quarters for the top of the tent, die cut the flag from the Xcut Bunting Mini Die, fussy cut a flag pole and sandwich it in-between the two quarters. Fix to the top of the tent on one side only.
5. To create the bunting at the top of the inside tent, die cut the triangle from the bunting mini die in alternating colours, then adhere to Papermania Spot & Stripes 30m Bakers Twine. Make a knot at each end and fix either side with tacky glue.
Animals & clown
1. Transfer the giraffe, seal, lion, elephant and the clown onto appropriately coloured cardstock. Build up each piece using craft tweezers, foam dots and a Sailor 2 in 1 Glue Pen, carefully applying tiny dabs.
2. The circles and stars have been punched using the Xcut Medium Traditional Star Palm Punch and small and medium circle punches. For the elephants ball and the seal and lions plinth, adhere the stars on and then trim with a pair of scissors. The animals eyes were cut using the large and medium nib from the Xcut Screw Hole Punch and black cardstock.
3. Once assembled, apply a few glossy accents using Anita’s 3D Clear Gloss, let it dry and place your circus inside the tent. The elephant and Seal are attached using a thin strip of Papermania 12 x 12'' Plain Acetate to give a pop-up effect.
4. Adhere Craft Planet Round Black and White Wiggle Eyes and a red pom pom from the Craft Planet Acrylic Pompoms Assorted Colours pack to the clowns face. Pop him on top of a semi-circle of cardstock. Place the same sized pom poms in a circle, coming from the clowns arms to make it look as if he juggling.
5. Fussy cut small pieces of grass for the bottom of the card and fix with foam dots.
Project and how-to instructions by Camila Bertolini.