Christmas wishes notelet
Combine shiny acetate with seasonal decoupage for a cool Christmas make in no time! The jazzy designs from Love Santa will do half the work for you; it'll take more time to pick the patterns than it will to construct the card! Follow the steps below to learn exactly how it's done…
1. Trim a piece of Papermania 12 x 12" Plain Acetate to measure 12 x 6", using a paper trimmer or a craft knife and metal ruler. Fold in half and crease firmly with a paper creaser to form a 6 x 6" card blank.
2. Select a white patterned piece of Love Santa paper from the 6 x 6" paper pack and adhere to the inside back of the acetate card blank with double-sided tape. Ensure that the edges match up perfectly.
3. Cut a panel of cardstock to 2 x 6" and trim ½" strips of coloured cardstock. Cover the panel with the strips, adhering them diagonally. Trim any excess around the edges and snip in half to make two 1 x 6" borders. Stick in place.
4. Stamp 'Christmas wishes' with pigment ink and sprinkle over gold embossing powder. Shake off any excess and set with a heat tool. Trim into a thin fishtail banner and attach to the top of the card.
5. Pop out the pieces from the Love Santa decoupage and layer up with 3D foam squares, following the order of the numbers. Once completed, adhere in the centre of the acetate card front to finish.
Project and how-to instructions by Jo Boland. Find instructions on how to create the back of the card and a matching envelope in the September issue (86) of docrafts Creativity magazine.