Christmas camera card
Get the whole crew together for a sentimental snap and pop it inside this retro Santa camera card.
1. Round all four corners of a white 6 x 6" card blank with an Xcut corner punch, and repeat with a patterned piece of Love Santa paper, trimmed to size. Mat the patterned paper onto the card front with double-sided tape. Stick a strip of striped craft tape down the left-hand side of the card, approximately 1cm in from the edge. Cut a 5 x 21cm panel of white cardstock and adhere over the craft tape, leaving around 5mm showing.
2. Trim two 8 x 10cm pieces of red textured cardstock and round all four corners. Attach the two together to create a sturdy base for the camera. Cut a 6 x 8cm panel of light green patterned paper and glue to the centre of the camera base. Snip a 5 x 8cm panel of silver Xcut Xtras A5 Adhesive Metal Effect Sheet and fix in the centre of the green.
3. Select some silver glitter paper from the Papermania Love Santa 12 x 12" Paper Pack and die cut a circular frame, positioning the 4cm circle nesting die inside the 5cm one. Run through the Xcut Xpress die-cutting machine to cut the frame. Use the 5cm die to trim a solid black circle, and glue the glitter frame on top to resemble a camera lens.
4. Fix the lens in place on the front of the camera, using 3D foam squares for extra dimension. Turn the camera face-down and attach strips of thin foam tape to the back, fixing them along both sides and across the top. Leave the bottom edge open to create a pocket. Make the photo frame, following the steps below, and use to ensure it fits inside the foam tape pocket.
5. Peel off the sticky backing and attach the camera firmly to the card front. Fussy cut a small stamp from the Love Santa paper pack and glue to a piece of cardstock. Stick to the top of the camera for a little extra embellishment. Secure the gold glitter wooden ‘Joy’ sentiment to the top left-hand corner of the card, gluing one side to the camera edge, and using 3D foam pads to adhere the other side. Fix a few gold and silver shimmer dome stickers around the camera to finish.
How to make the photo frame
1. Use the Xcut Selfie Frame & Sentiment Small Dies to cut frames from patterned paper and white cardstock. Glue the two together to create a study frame.
2. Trim your chosen photo to slightly smaller than the size of the selfie frame, and carefully glue the image to the reverse, keeping the glue to a minimum.
3. Cover the back of the frame with cardstock. Cut a stamp from the paper pack and glue to a piece of cardstock. Fussy cut it out and attach to the frame.
Project and how-to instructions by Jackie Jasper. Project originally published in issue 86 of docrafts Creativity magazine.