6 scrumptious bakes for Mother's Day
If you've not yet sorted your gift for Mother's Day this list of mouth-watering sweet treats could just be the answer. Suitable for all levels of baker no matter what your skill level.
1. We couldn't not include this absolutely scrummy gluten-free brownie. It made it on to our list of 10 Mother's Projects to Make, and we couldn't help but include it again here. We just really love chocolate brownies and we're sure your loved one will too!
2. This delicious pud would go down well at any time of year. Red berry compote and creamy filling are sandwiched between layers of meringue and topped with a generous helping of fresh berries — a (slightly) heathier alternative for Mother's Day!
Find out how to make it here.
3. Update bakes from years gone by with a fresh, modern twist. This delicious swiss roll features pistachios and hints of lime — the perfect dessert after Sunday lunch.
Ensure you get a nice even coverage of filling by using a palette knife.
How-to-bake instructions here.
5. If you're not a confident baker then this super-simple recipe could be right up your street.
Toscaner is a great pick-me-up if you're lacking in energy after a lovely long walk.
For more free projects and inspiration, make sure to keep an eye on the docrafts team inspiration page or on our community gallery where there are lots of projects uploaded daily for all craft abilities and specialties.
As an extra special gift for crafty mums out there, why not treat them to a docrafts Creativity magazine subscription? It's full of projects, inspiration and articles, plus each issue comes with great cover gifts to add to your craft stash.
1. Project by Elizabeth Atia. originally published in docrafts November issue (64) of Creativity Magazine. 2 - 5. Projects by Mich Turner. 6. Project by Jill Pryor.