10 quick and simple place setting ideas
Whether you're hosting a New Year's Eve party or having the whole family round for dinner on Christmas day, a pre-organised seating plan is essential. It (hopefully) avoids any debates about who sits where when it comes to everyone taking their seats, and also enables you to use up leftover cardmaking and Christmas project supplies (making way for new craft goodies!).
These 10 place setting ideas are super quick to make and can be easily customised to suit either a New Year's or Christmas celebration.
1. Put those pine cones gathered in the autumn to good use and pretty up with a lick of paint and some gems.
2. Create cute Christmas/New Year's themed mementos using leftover cardstock, an embossing folder and ink pad.
3. Use heart Xcut nesting dies to create small but perfectly formed mini envelopes for your guests.
4. Everyone loves an owl and the Xcut owl die is perfect for turning into a mini gift bag.
5. Reuse Christmas dies and leftover cardstock to create fun and quirky place settings.
7. Not just for Christmas gifts . . . these shaker tags require a handful of product to make and can be customised to fit in with your chosen colour scheme.
8. Treat your guests with a little pre-dinner sweet treat. Fill mini boxes with small handmade gifts, or raid the selection tin for your guest's favourite indulgence.
9. If you've got some green-fingered guests in attendance, these super-cute mini cacti act as both a gift and place setting in one! Also ideal for the not-so-green-fingered amongst us.
10. Simply decorated pillow boxes are the perfect size for stashing Christmas or New Year's Eve treats inside. Use alphabet stamps to spell out each of your guests names, and then decorate with raffia.