10 DIY handmade Father's Day gift ideas
Dads can be notoriusly tricky to craft for, but not this time… We've put our heads together to come up with a top selection of great handmade gift ideas that will suit any kind of patriach, ready for Father's Day on the 19th June.
1. Nothing quite beats a big slice of chocolate cake, and this super-chocolatey creation comes with shards, truffles and ganache to boot (butterfly optional!) – perfect for a chocolate-loving Dad.
2. It's never too early to make a card, and this simple design by PDT member Camila Bertolini is perfect for beginner and intermediate papercrafters alike.
3. If you're after a one-of-a-kind gift, this thrifty upcycled project is a great make and something that can be treasured for years to come.
4. Whether you're creating something for Dad, Grandad or a close family friend, this indulgent chocolate brownie is sure to be very well received (it's gluten-free too!).
5. There are a hundred and one things that can be created using the ever-versatile Mr Smith's Workshop collection. This card is perfect for all DIY Dads out there!
6. Every man needs a notebook in his life, and this stitched geometric creation is bang on-trend – perfect for all the fashion-conscious gents.
8. Can you see a theme developing?
We just can't get enough chocolate! After all, Father's Day only comes once a year and the big fella deserves a little treat every now and again.
These truffles can be made with white, milk or dark chocolate and covered in an array of delicious sweet treats.
9. Every Dad needs somewhere to park his brew… This mini-make is quick to put together and only requires a handful of product.
10. Nothing is more important than family, so why not create a one-of-a-kind piece to hang in pride of place in his man cave?
For more free projects and inspiration, make sure to keep an eye on the docrafts team inspiration page or on our community gallery where there are lots of projects uploaded daily for all craft abilities and specialities.
1. Project by Lucy Bruns, originally published in docrafts January issue (66) of Creativity magazine. 2.Project by PDT member Camila Bertolini. 3. Project by PDT member Jackie Jasper. 4. Project by Elizabeth Atia, originally published in docrafts November issue (64) of Creativity magazine. 5. Project by PDT member Julie Wilson. 6. Project by Amy Surey, originally published in docrafts April issue (69) of Creativity. 7. Project by Sarah Jackman Read, originally published in docrafts January issue (66) of Creativity magazine. 8. Project by Lucy Bruns, originally published in docrafts January issue (66) of Creativity magazine. 9. Projects by Sarah Jackman Read, originally published in docrafts October issue (63) of Creativity magazine. 10. Project by Gemma Joy, originally published in docrafts February issue (67) of Creativity magazine